Training is a great way to create a wonderful bond between a dog and its owner.
With Duo Dogs’ positive reinforcement training courses, you will learn how to effectively communicate with your dog and enhance your relationship. Each class session is six weeks in length, meets for one hour a week, and costs $150. All classes are held at Duo Dogs’ training center.
Class Sessions Offered
Puppy Class – 8 weeks to 6 months
Get your puppy started on the right “paw”! In our Puppy Class you will learn how to effectively communicate with your new puppy and build a successful relationship. You will learn how to socialize and desensitize your puppy to grooming procedures such as nail trimming and baths. You will also learn how to address common puppy behaviors such as inappropriate chewing, mouthing/nipping, and housetraining. In addition, your puppy will start to learn his/her name, sit, down, stay, recall/come, and get comfortable walking on a leash.
Basic Skills – 6 months and older
Learn how to build fundamental skills with your dog and forge a strong bond! In our Basic Skills Class you will learn how to teach your dog a range of useful behaviors: responding to their name, sit, down, stay, heel, loose leash walking, recall/come, and leave it. Using the skills gained in this class will help address common behaviors including barking, pulling, jumping, and chewing.
Advanced Skills – Dogs who have completed Basic Skills
A continuation from your Basic Skills training! In our Advanced Skills Class, you will learn to proof your dog for new and more challenging environments. You will be introduced to new skills and situations that will better prepare you and your dog to navigate public spaces as well as the obedience ring. After completing this class you will have the opportunity to take the AKC Canine Good Citizen Test. Advanced Skills Classes now open to those who have completed Duo’s Basic Skills Class. Contact Hannah at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Duo Dogs employs full-time, professional animal trainers that utilize positive reinforcement training. Our methods are not only effective, they also engage both dog and human to create enthusiastic learners out of both! Endorsed by the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior and The Association of Professional Dog Trainers, positive reinforcement will help you see results while building a strong relationship with your dog.
Did you know?
- Duo Dogs trains hundreds of dogs each year through our various obedience training classes.
- Obedience training strengthens the dog-human bond.
- A trained dog enjoys a better quality of life.
- Almost all dogs can be trained to follow obedience commands and to stop undesirable behaviors.
- Dog obedience is critical for a dog’s safety.
- Obedience classes start with puppies as young as eight weeks old.
- From basic obedience to intermediate and advanced classes, Duo has a class for dogs of all abilities and ages.
- Dogs completing the advanced class have the ability to become CGC (Canine Good Citizen) certified.